Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Patch Play

"I played with an idea, and grew wilful; tossed it into the air; transformed it; let it escaped and recaptured it; made it iridescent with fancy, and winged it with paradox."
— Oscar Wilde


These days my primary focus and concentration is on Mo. I don't have the mental space to fully develope the bits of ideas and inspirations that have been be-boppin' around my brain. However I am having fun playing with those bits of ideas by making these Remnant Patches.



Their small size allows me to get those bits of ideas and inspirations into tangible form, before they slip out the back door. They also offer me the perfect place to explore that which I keep returning to....

color...



shape...


and stitch...

Patches are for sale in my Silly BooDilly shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Big thanks to all the sweet anniversary wishes! We weren't sure if we were going to be able to go out to celebrate, as Mo was having nose bleeds for much of the day, but by night time the bleeds had calmed down, and we decided that she was in good hands with our two capable daughters. We escape to the movies and saw Pixar's UP. It was as sweet a love story as could be. Parts of it reminding us of ourselves and it was the perfect movie to celebrate a long and happy marriage with!

12 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Love your remnant patches, the colours, shapes and stitches.

Take care!

Hugs for you and Mo!

Niki said...

What a perfect quote -- it fits your patches perfectly. I've copied it and have it posted on the wall above my worktable. God, bless Mo.

Unknown said...

The patches are terrific! I hope Mo is doing better, but I am sure it was nice for you to get out on your big day!

Hey Harriet said...

Those Remnant Patches are so cool! And congrats on the quick sales. I just popped into your shop to look at them all & found most had sold already! Not surprising that they have :)

A movie date was a sweet way to celebrate your big day. A sweet movie too! I haven't seen that one yet but plan to.

Great Oscar Wilde quote. Many of my fave quotes are by Oscar. Big hugs to Mo! xo

shellysquilts said...

V, I bet these are fun to do. They look like the perfect project for this moment for you. Enjoy!

jovaliquilts said...

Wonderful Oscar Wilde quote! Captures the spirit just right.

connie said...

What a nice project to be doing in between hugging and loving Mo. I know what you are going through. Hang in there and you have some lovely little works.

Colleen MacDonald said...

I loved this post from start to finish! I am especially fond of the pink/green colors that you chose.

I can't wait to see 'UP' with my husband now!

Dorrie said...

These are very cute! I love thread art, very creative.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

I like the way you think, lady.

Amy C said...

stunning and beautiful retroish shapes

melanie said...

they are absolutely gorgeous! I know - the blue one is hanging above my bed!