Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Scrap Busting Possibilities

Still playing with my new quilt block design. I decided it was time to bust through some of my 30's repro fabric stash that's been sitting in my closet for way too long, so I whipped up some blocks and have been playing with layout possibilities...


I'm thinking I like the bottom two the best, but overall, I'm delighted with all the possibilities as well as a chance to weed out old stash, (and make room for some beloved solids!)

Have a great week everyone!

PS. Many thanks for all the creative name ideas on my last quilt, using this same block. I loved hearing what you all saw! After a lot of thought, (yeah, I know... too much thought... but being a bit OCD, sometimes the mind does that) I decided to go with my original thoughts when first designing the quilt and have named it "Railroad Crossing". We have a lot of railroad tracks crossing the rural roads around here, and something about the old tracks holds a lot of intrigue for me. So there you go. But again, many, many thanks for all the wonderful and creative input!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I do like the barn raising setting the best in the lower left hand corner. What about making it off set? Lovely block, all these settings would make a delightful quilt.

Happy Sewing

Nifty Quilts said...

All the golden yellow really helps perk up the pastels here. I love the ways you put colors together.

dolores said...

They all look great but I think I like the upper right one the best. I like how the aqua/blues really pop!

Diane J. Evans said...

Bottom right corner gets my vote -- but really, there's not a bad one in the bunch, because you put the fabrics together so masterfully. Have fun deciding.

Diane

Anonymous said...

what's amazing is how each is so different! I love the upper left -- it looks like the bow-tie pattern.

You picked a nice name for your last-post-pictured quilt -- it fits with your rural themes and images.