Thursday, February 14, 2008

HoJo Space Spores or Where Have All The Howard Johnson's Gone?


What in the world is a HoJo Space Spore? They are the fragmented memories of my childhood, where Howard Johnson's Restaurants feverishly dotted the american landscape and were never more then an exit away. Whatever happened to the familiar orange and blue roofed eateries? I imagine they are now little orange and blue space spores, floating through the galaxy, in search of new frontiers and gastrointestinal tracks.

It all goes to show that inspiration for art can come from anywhere, folks!

5 comments:

jewelstreet said...

lol. OMG! You are hilarious. I remember those, and the fact they were the same colors as my school.

Love that quilt. It's just fantastic and amazing.

High Desert Diva said...

I love the way inspiration strikes!

picciolo said...

Your inspiration is wonderful, it made me smile! The quilt is beautiful, your stitches are soooooo neat!
: )

Karen said...

Hi. Found you through flickr(which I am new to) Love your work, gorgeous.

Victoria said...

Thanks!